Saturday, September 03, 2011

2011 Reading List *updated*

Every year I have a goal to read 50 books. I stole this idea from a friend back in 2007. Today, in a rare cleaning/pitching frenzy, I found my 2007 list. I only read 37 books that year.
2008: 50
2009: 46 (but some of those were, like, major works of literature!)
2010: 30. I blame the ex for that dismal performance. He'd rather watch tv than read. Troglodyte!
2011: 26 thus far. I don't think I'll reach 50, but I'll sure beat last year!

Here is my list for this year thus far:
1.       Poppy Done to Death, Charlaine Harris
2 .       The Book Borrower, Alice Mattison 
3.       Let the Rocks Cry Out, Rachel Picazo
4.       Man’s Living Religions, Wayne Ham
5.       The Night They Raided Minsky’s, Rowland Barber
6.       Cemetery Dance, Preston & Child
7.       Homicide and Old Lace, Dolores Johnson
8.       Buttons and Foes, Dolores Johnson
9.       Funerals Are Fatal, Agatha Christie
10.   The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life, Erving Goffman 
11.   Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe
12.   The Insanity File, Mark E. Neely, Jr., R. Gerald McMurty
13.   Things Left Unsaid, Stephanie Hemphill
14.   The Inferno, Dante
15.   The Madness of Mary Lincoln, Jason Emerson
16.   A Red State of Mind, Nancy French
17.   It Was On Fire When I Lay Down On It, Robert Fulghum
18.   The Shining, Stephen King
19.   Fearless Fourteen, Janet Evanovich
20.   Finger Lickin’ Fifteen, Janet Evanovich
21.   Sizzling Sixteen, Janet Evanovich
22.   Smoking Seventeen, Janet Evanovich
23.   Food: The Good Girl’s Drug, Sunny Sea Gold
24.   Mrs. Jeffries Pinches the Post, Emily Brightwell 
25.   Murder Can Stunt Your Growth, Selma Eichler
26.   The Flight of the Falcon, Daphne du Maurier
27. The Hundred Secret Senses, Amy Tan
28. Bitter is the New Black, Jen Lancaster
29. Absalom, Absalom!, William Faulkner
30. Such a Pretty Fat, Jen Lancaster
31. The Secret Adversary, Agatha Christie
32. Pretty in Plaid, Jen Lancaster
33. My Fair Lazy, Jen Lancaster
34. Comentary on the Gospel of Luke, Norval Geldenhuys
35. Grace for the Moment, Max Lucado

   
 I try to read a variety of books, from murder mystery (my favorite!) to cultural, religious, educational, and historical non-fiction. I have about 500 books in my house, maybe 200 that I haven't read yet. It's so exciting to finish a book, then get to decide where I want to go, where I want to travel next!

Have you picked up a good book lately? (Or a Kindle, a Nook, an eReader, etc.)

No comments: