Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Inconceivable!

Movie Quote Quiz: "Let me speak. No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

That's what I intend to do.

Coupons are wonderful! I now get two Sunday papers delivered to my home, I check at least 3 websites for printable coupons, have "stacked" coupons, and am getting ready to price match at Wal-Mart. I am not stocking up like the folks from Extreme Couponing do, but I do have a nice little stash of shampoo, body wash, deodorant, and enough soup to last me all winter. I have yet to join a Coupon Club in real life or on the internet. I find my couponing to be a personal journey.

I have had two dates with my set-up dude. Last Saturday was much more comfortable than that dreaded first date. And he used a coupon with dinner! I was so impressed! He's totally not my type, if I really even have one, but sometimes that's the best match, someone different I would have never noticed in the first place.

I have bitten the proverbial bullet and made an appointment to speak with the coordinator of a local graduate school. Yes, I'm going back to college. Yikes! Masters in Counseling. I have to get my Master's. My job depends on it. Actually, I was supposed to have a Master's about 7 years ago, but my boss was kind enough to let me slide. Now the State is changing all the rules and requiring a Master's degree and licensing for just about everything I do. It will take me a few years, but this is the first step.

Even though nothing super-positive has happened, I feel good. Rare for The Huff. I guess I'm finally learning what I've been teaching my clients for years now: you can choose to be happy. I'm not delaying my happiness for when I lose 50 pounds, when I get out of debt, when I get a boyfriend. I choose to be happy now, overweight, in debt and single. It's ok.

Today I had to do orientation with two new hires at work. They were a little cold at first, but by the time I got done, they were both laughing. I walked out of that room thinking, I'm awesome! I had to talk about boring and off-putting topics (HIV/TB risk, abuse and neglect reporting, yay!) but managed to throw some humor in there. I'm just glad there are people in the world who get my sense of humor.

Last weekend my Mom, Aunt and I saw Don Williams in concert. I listened to his music on LP's and 8-track as a child. I've always enjoyed his deep, smooth voice. One song in particular has stuck with me this week. I've hummed it everyday as I drive to work. Take a listen below!

No comments: