Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Eternal Questions

Life is full of questions. Some monumental in importance, such as what is the meaning of life, or where is the nearest Starbucks? Others are trivial, like just what were me and Julio doing down by the school yard? Some questions have easy answers: yes, no. Others have no answer. Wait, they do have an answer, but we cannot comprehend it.

We humans think ourselves evolved, highly intelligent creatures.  When it comes down to it, we're just animals. Who can speak. And walk upright. And dress in snazzy clothes.

I've heard many people say "I'm going to ask God that when I get to Heaven." I used to also have a list of questions for God. I've come to realize that it's only in our Earthly form that we care about the answers. When we get to Heaven, we're not going to care about the questions anymore. We're going to be basking in God's glory for eternity. Let me tell you, when Huff gets her bask on, I'm not going to care why God made me the way I am. Sure, I'm a bit curious now, but it won't matter. Really, it doesn't matter now.

I wrote a blog a few weeks ago about the question Why. It was a response to the loss of a baby by a college friend. This week I'm responding to the question of why God would give a sweet little boy to a family, then take him away suddenly. I don't have the answer. God does, but He's not sharing secrets. Not now. Not yet.

No comments: