Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Where's my medal?

Let me tell you, I deserve a frickin' medal for going, and staying, at the gym tonight!

I wait until 8pm to go, thinking most people would have already had their time and gone home. But nooooooooo. The place was packed. Muscle heads, little flippy-dippy girls, and me. Yeah, I'm the fat one there. Nothing new for Huff.

I walked on the treadmill for about 15 minutes as a warm-up, watching Stacey and Clinton of TLC's What Not To Wear. (Love that show!) Then I moved on to the weight machines. These machines, obviously designed by men for men, are not exactly female friendly. There are bars and pads in uncomfortable places, and on the bicep machine, I can't decide if the boobs should rest on the pad or just get squished behind it. It's a puzzlement.

There is one machine that I, well, kind of got stuck on. I wasn't so much stuck as I could neither get ON or OFF the machine. I think only about 3 guys saw my pathetic struggle. I did see another lady use the machine later and not have difficulties, so I decided to approach her and ask if there is a graceful way to get on and off that machine. (I usually don't talk to gym-mates, but this gal had big hips, so I knew she'd be nice to me!) She showed me a lever that I hadn't yet discovered, and it made all the difference!

So actually attending the gym, coupled with not eating everything in sight, has resulted in an almost 3 pound loss so far. Yippee!! Now just 97 to go! No, seriously. But all in good time.

No comments: